Friday, September 9, 2011

Angel City - Face to Face



Angel City or the Angels are an Australian hard rock band. Angel City was the band named used in their american release of the album Face to Face. As a whole the album is a little flat. The hard rock that Angel City invokes seems a little cliché and monotone. At moments it almost reminded me of a band trying to sound like The Who that just missed the mark. The vocals of Doc Neeson are nothing special and easy to tune out. The album cover artwork is probably the best thing going for this album. It was designed by Peter Ledger and won the King Of Pop award for Best Album cover design in 1978, which is flattering but I wouldn't go that far. Angel City - Face to Face is worth a listen if you like hard rock but not highly suggested.

1 comment:

  1. I had this album when it was new and I thought it was pretty good.
    I recently heard one of the songs on the movie
    "Red Dog" and it make me look for the album.
    The band is now called "Angel" and they're still playing today.

    ReplyDelete